dare to be darling

Friday, October 15, 2010

"Dress design for Shabby Apple Dresses"

Dare to be Darling... 
presents
For me its not just a contest, its just an excuse to design a dress and become better at designing.
Everyone knows my dream job is to be a designer. I have got to start somewhere right?
I love looking at the runway looks from Paris & New York. My inspiration came just from that.
The look for spring 2011.
Orange is a big color this spring and I wanted to tie that into my dress. White is also a trendy color for this spring, as it always is when the sun comes out to play. I wanted one more color and i thought tan went perfectly with this orange color that is going to be a big hit this summer.
Adding the tan in makes it easy to accessorize with that color too!
here is my dress..
introducing

"Le Charlotte"
We all love day to night dresses.
This dress has a very sophisticated look to it,
people will take us serious and that we are oh so classy.
But Le Charlotte has boxy shoulders to make it more edgy so we can wear it day to night.
The three buttons leading to the big bow in the back takes all our attention.
this dress is flattering yet humble. but why not show off our back side every once in a while...

your thoughts??
sketch drawn by: Jonathan Day

3 comments:

  1. well well well.....NICE!!!! and who knew that jonathan was such a DESIGNER!!!! nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete